imagine a group of 5,000 people doing life together on mission for jesus.
That's where we're headed.
We can make it happen by being disciples who offer real friendships with those who need real friendship with Jesus. Jesus never made disciples by leading them into a classroom so they could learn more than they were willing to live. This is why we must get On The Road.
Just like any great road trip, we aren’t sure what amazing adventures lie around each turn of our journey. But we know what God has called us to do next. He’s called us to prepare for the amazing future ahead by giving and gathering the $6 million in resources needed to do life on mission for Jesus with 5,000 people. That’s what On The Road is all about.
Are you ready to get On The Road with us?
Here’s how you can be a part of this great adventure:
Give: Every road trip has a destination.
Ours is to raise $6 Million and we will only arrive there with your generosity.
Serve: Trips are always better with great friends.
Your involvement with one of our Serve Teams will help make our journey a success.
Ask: Matthew 7:7 reminds us that when we ask, great things happen!
Part of your commitment is to ask people you know to be a part of our journey.
Pray: Prayer is the fuel that keeps our journey going.
Pray, set reminders, and make it a priority to pray for Severn Run and your personal commitment.
Our 2015 Mile Markers
850+ Severn Runners Serving; 50,000 Hours Served; 13% of all monies received invested back into ministries worr
- Completed mural project for Eutaw-Marshburn Elementary school in Baltimore.
- Provided 125 backpacks for local school kids.
- Shared $26,000 in financial assistance to community friends in need.
- Housed and fed 60 friends in need of shelter during Winter Relief project.
- Gathered and gave hundreds of supplies and meals to our friends without homes in the Baltimore/DC Corridor.
- Presented 150 Christmas gifts to local kids.
- Partnered with Operation Christmas Child to offer 792 gift boxes to kids worldwide.
- Ran with Building Families For Children by organizing and staffing a 5K fundraiser for adoption.
- Provided permanent transportation for 3 area pastors through donated vehicles.
- Expanded friendship with local ministries through significant financial and man-hour contributions such as The Well, The Transformation Center, The Broken Wall Project, Captivate Church, The Garden Church, and Grace Redeemer Church.
- Multiple Connect Groups have initiated creative ways to serve various community needs and organizations.
- The Kids at Severn Run raised $2,225 in 4 days of VBS for local missions.
- Deepened our friendship with Meserete Kristos Church in Woliso, Ethiopia.
- Severn Runners are sponsoring 227 Compassion International children in Ethiopia and beyond.
- Initiated friendships with 7 churches in the Dominican Republic to partner with their current Kingdom work.
the road ahead
The challenge is for us to invest in the On The Road initiative and drive the first mile toward our goal of becoming a worshipping community of 5,000 people. For us to accomplish this portion of the journey we will need an initial resource investment of $6 million.
God has brought us to this place, and we believe He is asking us to continue to trust Him with what is next. Over the next two years our goal is to raise $6 million in order to…